||About the Artist
Moving Your Business Through a Down Shifting Market
Centaur Strategies llc, presents the new Smart Booklet Series. SMART SELLING, Moving Your Business Through a Down Shifting Market is the first for this business series written by Jeanmarie Tenuto, specifically written to assist the business owner through growing pains.
Darwin said it perfectly: ‘When an animal species fails to adapt to a changing circumstances, they cease to be.’ Today, most companies are finding it increasingly difficult to maintain value. The latest statistics show that 28% of new businesses fail within the first three years of operation. 63% fail within the first six years. These statistics become even more discouraging in tough economic times.
To keep your business from failing or going bankrupt, its direction may need to be changed to succeed. Growth initiatives become essential. However, choosing the right direction can be a daunting task. It is probably the most difficult for anyone operating from the helm of a business today. The risk is high, costs are excruciating (in some cases) and the outcome may be a resounding success or detrimental to the fundamental business. No matter the risk, it becomes essential to take these steps or the business will die. This e-book will change your business direction therefore change your life.
SMART SELLING, Moving Your Business Through a Down Shifting Market is a much needed tool if:
- Your business has gotten through the tricky three or four years since start-up and now you’re considering expansion – entering a new market, increasing the number and kinds of clients, services or products or opening another store/e-store.
- For the first time in several years your business has suffered a loss – the prices of your suppliers’ products and labor have skyrocketed, competition lowered its prices or overhead just simply got out of control.
- You’ve developed an invention or an idea for a product and you’re forming a company to manufacture and market it. It will be some time before you begin to break even and you’re not sure what your current priorities should be.
- You learned the tricks of a particular trade while working for someone else, then decided to strike out on your own and put money in your own pocket instead of in someone else’s. You need more capital and you might be open to taking on a partner.
- You took an early retirement, but you’re not ready to stop working. You’re applying your knowledge and skills to an independent enterprise that looks promising but you realize there’s a lot you don’t know.
- Your business is breaking even but you’d like to make some changes so it will be less stressful and much more profitable.
- You’ve asked yourself what you want to be doing five years from now and you really don’t know.
- A major contract will be phasing out soon making your business really vulnerable while the market at large is realizing significant changes. You need to rethink your business opportunities and where to find those opportunities.
To make the appropriate changes without putting the central business into too risky a position, some options may include: Diversifying, investing in venture capital, accelerating the rate of innovation through R&D, grinding out hidden scraps of growth from deep inside the existing business, jumping into new, hot markets, globalizing, improving the organizations workflow for faster growth, etc.
You will be taught that smart selling ain’t for dummies, how to define your central business, how to research and develop critical thinking techniques to spot trends and competitive maneuvers and evaluate the best moves for your company while maintaining a safe and secure centralized business.
Jeanmarie Tenuto is the CEO of Centaur Strategies, llc, a business strategy and marketing communications firm based in Upper Montclair, New Jersey. She holds an MBA in Marketing. Tenuto and her team consult for and with small business owners and Fortune 500 companies to develop corporate business strategies and implement growth initiatives. This booklet is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-Booklet: 40 pages
SMART SELLING, Moving Your Business Through a Down Shifting Market is a copyright of Centaur Strategies, llc. The copyright and all reproduction rights of concepts mentioned are reserved thereof. Copyright © 2009 Centaur Strategies, llc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.